Thursday, February 28, 2013

What am I reading now?

I'm thinking of starting to do book reviews every now and then but first I think I'll talk about what I'm currently reading. So here is the list.

  1. Road Kill - Rob Thurman - This one is taking me awhile to get through. It's mildly interesting but doesn't really grab me and I don't quite understand the world. I know this isn't the first of the series but a lot of what I've read doesn't actually make sense. Main Character is supposed to be a half human, half monster badass but he's scared of his brother that is a full human... doesn't quite synch up in my opinion.
  2.  Driven to Distraction - Jeremy Clarckson - This one is pretty great. I'm not a car guy but I love the British Top Gear guys. This is a collection of article's he's written for a newspaper. Slightly out of date but damn it's hilarious.  

I'll probably be starting a Terry Pratchett book soon. I recently discovered his Discworld series and damn they are hilarious. They also made me start wondering why British writers are allowed to be completely absurd but American writers can't. The only conclusion I can come up with is that American writers take themselves too seriously.  I find this conclusion unsatisfactory and slightly depressing. I think I'm going to attempt writing absurd stories or books in the near future just for fun.

Also... I might be participating in a podcast soon. More details will follow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment