Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For want of a cheeseburger.

Ok. So for those of you that don't know, which would be most of you, I have this odd condition. It's not that I'm unbelievably good looking, though that's true, and it's not that I'm horribly modest, which could be true but I'm not sure. It's that I have this thing called Alpha-Gal. You can visit the link to learn more about but basically it breaks down to this. Because of a tick bite I am somewhat allergic to red meat. Right now for me it's relatively minor and seems to be focused on processed meat. So fast food burgers, store bough ground beef, could kill me.

This presents me with a problem. I am dying for a cheeseburger. I love cheeseburgers. Cheeseburgers are the nectar of the gods... and I can't have them. I mean I can but it involves buying some form of unprocessed beef, steak, roast, stuff like that, then running it through the meat grinder forming patties and finally cooking them. I would love to just go to the closest greasy spoon and get the best heart attack inducing cheeseburger around. I can't do that.

It's really making me rather depressed. It also has me ranting about wanting a cheeseburger on a blog about writing. Well, I guess shit happens. I still want a burger though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment