Friday, February 8, 2013

Random Excerpt from "Ragged Edge - Cry of the Phoenix"

I don't have much to say I thought I'd give you all a one page excerpt from the novel I am working on selling. I hope you enjoy it.



"So, I will take up as little room in your house as I can, and you will listen to me and stay out of as much trouble as you can. Then as soon as I can figure out what is coming for you and what this artifact is about, I can get rid of them and we can go back to our normal lives. Sound like a deal?"
"I take orders from no one." Attitude. I was quietly impressed though. She had already seen that I was anything but human and she still had enough testicular fortitude to stand up to me.
"Who said anything about orders? I just said listen to me. Though if you are attacked you will follow any orders I give you until we are out of danger."
"Look Mister "I'm too good for this". I didn't ask for you to guard me. I didn't ask to find this damnable artifact, and I didn't ask for your kind to get involved in my life." I could hear anger rising in her voice. That happens to me a lot.
"Are you sure?"
"What do you mean am I sure? In the past few hours I have had dogs with alligator heads try to break into my house, I watched a man turn into a seven foot eagle and fight them, and then the Mothman appears in my living room..."
"Mothman?"
"That's what you looked like."
"Yeah if you just look at the black feathers, but were my eyes glowing red? No I don't think so. Believe me, if he was assigned to you, you'd be even more miserable."
"Wait... he's..."
"Not one of us no, now please continue telling me how hard your life is right now."
"You smeared blood on my couch." Venom in her voice now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment