Sunday, January 27, 2013

The journey begins.

So here I am. Who am I? That's a great question. My name is Dustyn McCormick and I am an author... or at least I'm a writer and I'm trying to be an author. Aside from that I'm also a father, a husband, and a bit of a weirdo. I'm not a "licking peanut butter off the windows" weirdo, just a "make funny faces at myself in the mirror for a laugh" type weirdo. 

Why am I writing this? Well mostly so I can get out frustrations from multiple rejections (about 11 so far) share my writing (3 short stories and 1 novel), my query letters (4 versions so far) and future book plans (the sky is the limit). Since I'm learning how to do this I hope that other aspiring author's will learn from my mistakes, and also learn not to give up. I haven't succeeded yet but I'm pretty sure quitting will greatly limit my chances of success.

Anyway that's me and this blog in a nutshell. I will try to update at least once a day, even if it's just excerpts from my writing. I hope you snuggle in and get comfy and enjoy the journey with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment