Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Head Vs. Wall

Bit of a frustrating day in the search for agents. Not much to say about it other than to pass on a bit of advice. When agents say that they want a synopsis they don't actually mean the short little blurb in your query email. The want you to attempt breaking your entire manuscript into one or two pages. This is very difficult to do. So right now I want to see which is harder, my head or the wall. 

In other news I have started sending not just thank you letters when I receive a rejection but also fishing for information to see if I can't find out exactly why they rejected it. With any luck I will get some useful stuff that I can use to improve my query and hopefully find an agent. The search continues.

Oh yeah, one more quick tip. If you learn nothing else from my ramblings here learn this really well. When you have written your book and you want representation, do your research. Find all the books and websites you can and get as many tips as you can. Once you get past the information overload you should be able to avoid doing like me and fishing without bait. 

Learn my grasshoppers. My kung fu is weak, it grows stronger through pain, headaches, and judicious use of ibuprofen. Yours need not grow like mine. Start with strong Kunk Fu.   

No comments:

Post a Comment