Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pathways

A new path towards publishing has recently begun opening for me. The question I must ask myself is if I want to take it. An independent publishing company has taken interest in my story through connections with a friend of mine. The catch is that it will be published as a graphic novel. I'm not totally opposed to the idea, I'm just not exactly familiar with realm of graphic novels. When I wrote my book I didn't have graphic novel in mind for it. I have time to make the decision though and I've been thinking about it a lot. I still haven't come to a decision. I've tried weighing the pros and cons, the only problem is that I'm not exactly sure what the pros are. The only definite pro is that I will get to see my work published. Beyond that I'm not really sure. 

This does bring up another tip for other beginning authors. When writing your book consider all possible routes of publication and decide which ones you are interested in and which ones you aren't. That way if you get offered one of your alternatives you'll know if you want to take it or not.

Now as a special treat. I will post a bit of a synopsis of the novel I'm trying to sell now.  If you don't mind I would appreciate comments on it. Just tell me what you think about it. If you're one of the few that has already read the manuscript feel free to tell me how well you think the synopsis describes the book.



Alongside our world is another hidden world. A world in which vampires, shape changers, mythical Gods, and various other creatures prowl. The human race is largely protected from these supernatural threats by a race of beings long thought extinct, if they ever existed. Members of this shape changing race prowl the ragged edges of the world, where the natural and supernatural collide.

“Ragged Edge – Cry of the Phoenix” is the story of Sean Gryphon. A seven hundred year old Atlantean. He finds his job as a junior guardian to be tedious and unnecessary. When his mentor, Darius, comes to him with a mission and the threat of death if the mission fails Sean is less than thrilled.  The mission is to protect an Archeologist, Dr. Ilsy Hillerman, a woman with a supernatural secret of her own, and the mysterious stone tablet she uncovered on her most recent dig. Viewing the mission as a simple babysitting job Sean finds himself unprepared for the harsh reality that quickly smacks him in the face. Attacked by some of the worst creatures ever encountered in his seven hundred years he discovers secrets hidden in his past and catches the eye of the ancient Celtic Goddess Danu. Unraveling a web of deception, pushing himself harder than ever before, and developing feelings for Dr. Hillerman, Sean finds that his life is the least important thing he can lose if he fails.


That's it from me. No new rejections today and still no nibbles beyond the graphic novel possibility. Thanks to those of you that leave me comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment